Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crock-pot Orange Chicken

I am in love with my Crock-Pot! I love being able to throw a bunch of things in it in the morning & opening it up at dinner time to a delicious meal! I have also noticed we have so many more leftovers when I use the Crock-Pot & what mom doesn't LOVE leftover night?

I found the recipe below on A Year of Slow Cooking & I modified it till I was happy with it. (I don't know if I have ever followed a recipe to a tee!)

This recipe is easy on the budget because it calls for a cheap part of the chicken--thighs.  I found an awesome deal on some thighs at our local grocery store for only $0.69 a pound!  If you use about 3 lbs in this recipe that is only a little over $2 for the bulk off your meal!  

Ingredients


  • 8-10 chicken thighs
  • 11 oz (or close) jar of orange marmalade  (you can substitute for apricot preserves if you like)
  • 2 tsps chopped onions
  • 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
  • 2 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions

Place chicken in crock-pot.  I usually just use frozen thighs because I'm one of those people that always forgets to defrost meat. 

In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the top of chicken.


Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Easy peasy, right?  You can pair this chicken up with veggies, rice, lo mein noodles, the options are endless!  I paired ours with stir fried rice.  (look for that recipe soon!)  I fed my family of 6 & even had leftovers for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment