Monday, April 2, 2012

Stir fried rice

My family loves this recipe & could honestly eat it all by itself but I usually pair it with chicken. This past week I paired it with my Crock Pot Orange Chicken. The rice actually was gone before the chicken was! It only takes a few minutes to make which is great if you are in a pinch for an extra side dish.

The Ingredients

 


  • 1-3 eggs, lightly beaten  (I only used 1 this time because that is all I had!)
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 cup of frozen peas, slightly thawed (you can use any veggies you want really!)
  • 2 TBSP Soy Sauce
  • 2 cups of instant rice  (white or brown)
 The Preparation
    • Spray skillet with cooking spray (may substitute oil) & cook eggs until set.  Remove eggs from skillet.
    • Add broth, veggies & soy sauce to skillet & bring to a boil.
    • Stir in rice & remove from heat.  Cover & let stand 5-7 minutes.
    • Stir in eggs & serve!
       

      No comments:

      Post a Comment